Wednesday, March 14

My perspective : Out on something new....



A common Indian lives for 58 years which is approximately 21170 days but he hardly remembers 20-30 days for rest of his life. After joining TCS these sort of days are few and far in between. But this weekend I found couple of such days which were a great relief and relaxation after some hectic weeks in the office. The occasion was our trip to Ganpati Pule.

As Vipul has done most of the hard-work of putting places and schedule correctly in place, I would like to take you all onto this trip with my perspective.

I started this trip with more passion than I have ever shown before. One of the well known reasons for this is the pain that I go through everyday in my workplace with circus of people running me all around the place and I must say that only these guys give me an essential break at lunch time. I knew it will be a good fun with them on trip but I got hell a lot more than just pure fun. I saw almost every angle of life through somebody and some incidences.

The first and most striking memory of this trip will be the Marleshwar waterfall. It was I think most memorable moment of trip and I must say thanks to Vipul for being the first one to drop the fear of wet cloths and giving inspiration or ignition to many people like me who were too much involved in materialistic things. The next 15-30 min will always refresh my mind as that falling water cleaned up all the dust and rust that had started to stack up in last year or two at great pace. I thought the pain of climbing 500 stairs was all worth for those incredible moments.

The second incidence is that of Dream theories of Imran bhai and an all inspired, completely unique story by paddy that literally scared the hell out of Vishu. Imran bhai was at his best that night and as usual gave informative and interesting insights to our different and sometimes weird dreams, making everything in life look very scientific. I also know the pain Imran bhai had to go through because of this informative session as the rest of their trip went into looking into hands and futures of other people. I just wonder if Imran bhai had seen this future of his before as he seemed to be prepared for that as well.

What can one say about paddy’s narration abilities? He has this unique and delightful way of taking sweet revenge of people who almost everyday try to make his life a living hell and I can’t agree more with vipul than when he says that paddy has more patience than most of us collectively have.

Third incidence is about singers. There were four of them, each one with their own style and flair. Amit has amazing nasal singing abilities and believe me that he can irritate anyone at any time but at the same time he and vipul has got great vocabulary of songs that made them go this far against an more than decent opposition of Sapna and Apeksha. As we all have at some time seen glimpses of what Sapna is capable of doing, I can say that fight from Sapna was expected but Apeksha was a pleasant surprise. Looking at her if somebody could bet that she can sing in such a loud voice for such a long period of time I would have been ready to bet all the money that I have. (Actually I don’t have a lot since I work in TCS but still would have betted all that I have got.) But she proved me and all others predicting about her abilities very wrong.

Fourth incidence is of Gang of Slanger’s who just couldn’t control their tongue. First day morning in the room it was raining slang’s with everybody contributing their own. There were some unexpected people joining the fun who don’t generally use this beautiful form of language but they showed that they were equally brilliant in this art if they were required to use it. And it was a place where all language barriers no longer existed as slang’s poured in from all directions in all languages. At the same time I saw People were as happy to see Television as man in ancient age was when he first discovered fire.

Apart from these incidences there were some qualities of people that left mark on my mind. There was series of Shayari by Imran bhai, Vipul. Sid with his Guitar singing beautiful, romantic songs and “Out of Pune and Not in Bombay” phone calls. There was Vishu with his ever ready business proposals even late in the night when common man is in Second phase of his dreams (Imran bhai hope I am right). I saw a religious side of Ashish which I had never seen before. There was a cameraman in Swaroop who captured almost everybody in good poses and most importantly took some good pics of mine which in itself is an achievement. There was a naughty cat in sapna who was good enough to scare the local tribal with her looks. There were Paddy and Amit who rocked the trip. There was Hema whose bag had almost the same weight as she has. There was Apeksha, the only person who found that bus specious. There was Shrenik who I think was the only guy who did not give away any slang’s. He has always believed in simplicity and modesty. I just the love the way this guy behaves even on trips and would love to be a good boy like him atleast for a day (Although it will be very very difficult for me to live without slang’s). But even he was their when needed with his unbeatable one liner’s. And last but by no means least there was Nitin who for me was a stand out silent lover boy with lot of time on phone, remembering his GF just by looking at NH4 the Pune-Banglore highway. I love the way he blushes when he talks about her. And there was Shruti di without whose support this trip would not have been a reality.J

Kudos to the organizing committee of this trip, who gave us a memorable trip.

In the end I would like to sign off with couple of lines from famous song.
“Dil chahata hai, kabhi na bite ye chamkile din,
Dil chahata hai,hum na rahe kabhi yaaro ke bin”

4 comments:

Vipul said...

Great one Bawaaa..!!!

I tell you..you have captured the finer details of the trip, which actually took me back into those 2 magnificent days.

And I can see how intelligently you've included Shruti Di's name. Probably, just to avoid a possible slaughter as I had yesterday!!

Nice piece there..!

Imran Khan said...

Extremely perfect. While I was reading the blog I again revisited the whole trip. Thanks Ninad for typing down such a nice piece. BTW i really hadn't seen my hand prior to this trip else ....

Imran Khan

sapsmint said...

Hey great way of recalling the whole event.I will always cherish those moments.........
Truly Perfect !!!

Shreyas Navare said...

Missed it!:(